Game 3 - Advanced
1. Place All Cards Image Up
This game is set up the same as Game 2, except multiple levels are used based upon desired difficulty. The number of cards depends on the number of players. We recommend:
- 2 players = 10 cards
- 3 players = 12 cards
- 4 players = 16 cards
2. Discuss & Flip All Cards
Just as in game 2, every player takes turns picking, discussing and flipping cards. Again the questions are:
- What do you see?
- What do you think?
- When do you feel (emotion on card)?
- What colour shapes and how many do you see?
After all the cards are flipped, there should be a varied board that looks like this:
3. Parent / Educator Asks Learning Questions
Now all the cards are flipped over, the parent or educator takes turns asking each child any combination of the following questions (this will be more difficult based on number of shapes):
- "How many (shape) do you see?"
- "How many (shape) of (colour) do you see?"
- If we added all the (shape/color) how many would we have?
4. Advanced Activities
- Add the total shapes of one row together.
- Add the total shapes of all cards together.
- Arrange the cards based upon shape and/or colour.
- Arrange the cards in ascending or descending order based upon number of shapes.
- Flip the cards over again and play a matching game based on shape and/or colour (player keeps the cards they match to see who wins).
These advanced activities are the ones we have come up with so far. Feel free to create your own. We also have some other game variants to try.